Nominated for two primetime Emmys®, winner of a Peabody Award, this outstanding miniseries earned PBS its highest ratings to date when it originally aired in 1993. Olympia Dukakis is Anna Madrigal, the eccentric, transgendered owner of a boardinghouse in the pre-AIDS San Francisco of the swinging 1970s; Laura Linney is Mary Ann, fresh from the Midwest. Based on Maupin's newspaper column and novel, with Thomas Gibson (Criminal Minds), Billy Campbell (Once and Again), and Donald Moffat (Clear and Present Danger). 6 episodes, 6 hrs, 2 DVDs, SDH.
- Item is eligible for Rush, 2 Day, or Overnight Shipping
- Taxable if shipping to MN
- Audio commentaries on episodes 1, 3, and 6 with Amistead Maupin, Alastair Reid, Olympia Dukakis, Laura Linney, and Barbara Garrick
- Behind-the-scenes location and rehearsal footage
- Insert with an introduction by Amistead Maupin, notes by producer Alan Poul, and filming locations and landmarks
Packaging: Boxed set
Run Time: 321 minutes, plus bonus programming
Format: Full screen
Number of Discs: 2
Color or B&W: Color
Region Code: 1
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Rating: NR. Contains nudity, coarse language, drug use, an sexual situations.
Other: Due to the age of these programs and the improved resolution that DVD provides, you may notice occasional flaws in the image and audio on this DVD presentation that were beyond the studio's ability to correct from the original materials.
"One of the 10 best miniseries of all time" --Entertainment Weekly
"Uncommonly fine television" --The New York Times
"Groundbreaking...a TV drama ahead of its time" --Los Angeles Times
"A classic" --USA Today